Blue Ridge is currently accepting new members and invites all who are interested to contact us and see what we are all about.
Call Paul Venning at (519) 599-7757
Our membership process involves active participation in the club and its disciplines to ensure our members are familiar with the club and its safety rules, and that new members get a chance to meet existing members and become part of the club quicker. Please review the form for sign offs required before submitting your application. The Club Level Safety Courses will be posted to the Events calendar each spring. The posting will have all the sign up details. We do NOT maintain waiting lists so please do not ask, the courses will be on a first come first served basis. This successful completion of this course is a requirement for applying for membership.
Our membership process involves the following steps:
Expand the window by pressing the + button
STEP 1: Apply as an Associate Member
New process as of July 1, 2020
An Associate Member has access to the club to attend events and meetings, but has no voting rights in club meetings. As an Associate Member you will be on probation for 1 year. During that year you must remain free from any safety or policy violations. After one year, your membership automatically comes up for review by the board. If approved, you will be granted full membership with all its rights.
To apply as an Associate Member you must:
- Come out to at least one of our monthly meetings held every second Thursday of the month at clubhouse, meetings start at 8pm sharp. The only exception is the month of February, which is our AGM and restricted to members and invited guest only.
- New members must attend our Club Level Safety Course. Sign up sheets are located at the clubhouse, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you plan to use restricted firearms at the club, you will also need to take our ATT Course. The Club Level Safety Course is only valid for one year. You will be required to take the course again prior to submitting paperwork if it has been more than one year..
- New members must attend two shooting events and get sign off. The application form is used for these sign offs.
- Two full members in good standing must sponsor new members. This is easier than it sounds, as you will be attending two shooting events. Members you meet can be your sponsors. The application form is where the sponsors must sign.
- Obtain a police background check from your residence jurisdiction for each member, or family member over the age of 18
- Submit your completed associate membership application form with sign offs, and pay the appropriate fee ** Do not submit the form until you have obtained all the necessary sign offs **
STEP 2: Become a Full Member
New process as of July 1, 2020
After one full year as an Associate Member, your name will be presented to the board by the membership director for review and approval. If you remain free of any safety or policy violations, you will be approved as a Full Member. This will then allow you to vote at meetings, and serve as Chairs of events and volunteer for the Board.