- This event has passed.
Junior Precision Rimfire
September 17 @ 13:00 - 17:00
Cost: $ 3.00 Range Fee for members. Range will be split between Adults and Juniors, each running their own programme.
Competitors and students are expected to participate with their own .22 rimfire rifle (hopefully scoped) and reliable Rimfire ammunition.
- Do we need to bring our own rimfire rifles? YES, and hopefully that rifle has a scope mounted. Hopefully that rifle has a detachable magazine system with spare magazines
- What role do the parents share? Transportation, direct safety supervision, and coaching duties
- Is there a great deal of money involved? YES and NO. The intention is the have more kids shooting. Parents can choose the level of involvement that’s right for their young competitors
- Is there an age requirement? NO. Safety and responsibility is top priority. Parents will be responsible for their children’s ability to safely handle the hardware and software. Final decision will be made by Match Director / RSO.
- What happens when my kids improve? Just like any children’s programming, safety and development are top outcomes. When the equipment you provide is superseded by their skill set, assessments and further improvements may be in order. Read: new and improved equipment. I can steer you in that new direction.
- Can this game be taken nationally? YES, there exists national championships (usually in November around the London, ON area)
- Can parents compete alongside their children? YES only if they don’t mind getting beaten by 12 year old female champions. That’s the intention; family participation.
- Is there a progression of skills and expectations? YES, first we develop/coach the Principles of Marksmanship on the bench using paper targets. Then we progress to learned and mastered shooting (sitting , kneeling, standing) positions using paper targets. Only when each position is mastered by demonstrating said position building will the shooter graduate to steel targets. Later on, we progress to very challenging obstacles IE Barricades, barrels, chairs, step ladders, simulated rooftops, tank traps, etc.
Contact Me: Kevin Hodgins – 647 382 3318